Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Fabric Flower Accessories


Been busy with the glue gun and sewing needle lately. These two projects unfortunately aren't actually finished...I'm still deciding what kind of accessory I want to make with each of them. The first one here is my favorite so far and I've been wondering how to make these fluffy looking flowers for a while! I finally found someone who was kind enough to post a video on her way of making these, you can find that video right here if you're interested.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making the lacey flower into a headband using the ribbon in the picture. Perhaps use a plain white or beige headband, wrap the heck out of it with the ribbon, and then attach the flower on the side? I'm thinking that would be cute! :3



The second one here isn't my favorite, (it's just not me) but I gotta do something with it. The feathers aren't actually attached yet, I was just fiddling around with feathers, ribbon, and other scraps, trying to decide how I want to finish this one. I'm thinking just a hair clip, and maybe I'll attach a safety pin as well, that way I could use it for my hair, or I could put it on a purse or piece of clothing. Maybe I'll give it away when I'm done with it. ;)

In case anyone is curious how this one was made, I don't know of any existing youtube tutorial out there (though I'm sure you could find one if you searched hard enough) for it, but all I did was take a long piece of ribbon and do a running stitch down one side of it, gathering it as I went. I made sure to secure the end first so I didn't lose the thread! Then I tied off the other end when it was as big/long as I wanted and used fabric glue to hold it together. It took a bit of coaxing to get it to curl up just right, but it wasn't too difficult.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home